Click here to register for focus group or other training workshops SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
TRAINING IN FOCUS GROUP RESEARCH
GDI offers four ways to build and sharpen your qualitative research skills so you can select the best workshop(s) to meet your capacity-building requirements. Take them all in one four-day week or come back when you are ready for more depth!
I. CONDUCTING PROFESSIONAL FOCUS GROUP RESEARCH: The Foundation
GDI’S flagship course--a comprehensive, interactive, and intensive 2-day training seminar—$1550 per person;
includes continental breakfast and refreshments, two manuals, and all materials.
Washington, DC: June 9-10, 2015 or Barrington, RI: Oct. 27-28, 2015 or Washington, DC: Dec. 8-9, 2015
- Creating a scientific research design and strategy Systematizing sample selection Developing powerful questions
- Establishing logistics and an ethical stance in data gathering Skill-building in moderation techniques, with feedback
- Learning the basics of data management and analysis
THE FOUNDATION AGENDA
II. THE ADVANCED WORKSHOP: Focus on Qualitative Data Analysis
GDI’s advanced capacity building1-day workshop on how to streamline qualitative data analysis--$750 per person; open only to those who have completed THE FOUNDATION or with trainer permission; includes continental breakfast and refreshments, and sample data sets and reports.
Washington, DC: June 11 or Barrington, RI: October 29 or Washington, DC: December 1
- Coding for meaning and relevance Getting to the heart of the data Using graphics to visualize key points
- Presenting data for impact Using quantitative and qualitative data in synch
III. CLINICAL DAYS: FOCUS ON RESEARCH DESIGN
GDI’s special clinical day—$350 per person
Open only to those who have completed THE FOUNDATION or by trainer permission
Includes continental breakfast and refreshments—bring your drafts and leave with finalized research plans!
Washington, DC: June 12 or Barrington, RI: October 30 or Washington, DC: December 12
- Troubleshooting your research design Finalizing sample selection, recruitment strategies, and incentives
- Perfecting and testing your interview questions Expanding the art and science of moderation
- Reviewing focus group section of grant proposals Getting ready to forward your proposal up the chain
IV. REFRESHER COURSE: FOCUS ON MODERATION SKILLS
GDI’s unique 1-day refresher course—$750 per person (2014-2015)
Includes continental breakfast and refreshments—focus on improving the art and science of your moderation and interviewing skills.
Washington, DC: June 10 or Barrington, Rhode Island: October 28 or Washington, DC: December 9
- Asking your questions neutrally and consistently Probing and clarifying with ease
- Managing dominants and bringing out the quieter participants Achieving relatively even participation
- Using advanced techniques (brainstorming, breakouts, etc.) Getting to key lessons learned
REGISTER NOW! LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE
For more information or to register: 207-841-4842 *** email@example.com
...always tailored to your needs
Other GDI Training Workshops
Call Janet Mancini Billson, PhD, Director, Group Dimensions International, for details and scheduling: USA +1-207-841-4842
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org