Click here to register for focus group or other training workshops
TRAINING IN FOCUS GROUP RESEARCH
GDI offers four ways to build and sharpen your qualitative research skills so you can
select the best workshop(s) to meet your capacity-building requirements.
Take them all in one four-day week or come back when you are ready for more depth!
I. CONDUCTING PROFESSIONAL FOCUS GROUP RESEARCH: The Foundation
GDI’S flagship course--a comprehensive, interactive, and intensive 2-day training seminar—$1550 per person ($1450 in 2014);
includes continental breakfast and refreshments, two manuals, and all materials.
October 27-28, Barrington, Rhode Island.
or December 9-10, Washington, DC
- Creating a scientific research design and strategy
- Systematizing sample selection
- Developing powerful questions
- Establishing logistics and an ethical stance in data gathering
- Skill-building in moderation techniques, with feedback
- Learning the basics of data management and analysis
THE FOUNDATION AGENDA
II. THE ADVANCED WORKSHOP: Focus on Qualitative Data Analysis
GDI’s advanced capacity building1-day workshop on how to streamline qualitative data analysis--$750 per person (2014-2015);
open only to those who have completed THE FOUNDATION or with trainer permission;
includes continental breakfast and refreshments, and sample data sets and reports.
October 29, Barrington, Rhode Island.
or December 11, Washington, DC
- Coding for meaning and relevance
- Getting to the heart of the data
- Using graphics to visualize key points
- Presenting data for impact
- Using quantitative and qualitative data in synch
III. CLINICAL DAYS: FOCUS ON RESEARCH DESIGN
GDI’s special clinical day—$350 per person (2014-2015)
Open only to those who have completed THE FOUNDATION or by trainer permission
Includes continental breakfast and refreshments—bring your drafts and leave with finalized research plans!
October 30, Barrington, RI
or December 12, Washington, DC
- Troubleshooting your research design
- Finalizing sample selection, recruitment strategies, and incentives
- Perfecting and testing your interview questions
- Expanding the art and science of moderation
- Reviewing focus group section of grant proposals
- Getting ready to forward your proposal up the chain
IV. REFRESHER COURSE: FOCUS ON MODERATION SKILLS
GDI’s unique 1-day refresher course—$750 per person (2014-2015)
Includes continental breakfast and refreshments—focus on improving the art and science of your moderation and interviewing skills.
October 28, Barrington, Rhode Island
or December 10, Washington, DC
- Asking your questions neutrally and consistently
- Probing and clarifying with ease
- Managing dominants and bringing out the quieter participants
- Achieving relatively even participation
- Using advanced techniques (brainstorming, breakouts, etc.)
- Getting to key lessons learned
REGISTER NOW! LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE
For more information or to register: 207-841-4842 *** email@example.com
...always tailored to your needs
Other GDI Training Workshops
Call Janet Mancini Billson, PhD, Director, Group Dimensions International, for details and scheduling: USA +1-207-841-4842
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org